My first flute =)

 ◾Since a few days ago, I came back to my first flute (not at all, because I had a few flutes from my conservatory), but this is really mine, offered by my parents more or less 8 years ago. Of course it is a student flute, very basic and it is so, so different from my actual flute. This is a Yamaha 281 with open holes, no E mechanism, inline G key, C foot and obviously much smaller, lighter and it has a lot of contrast aspects, even though I used it for a small period of time.


◾But I'm feeling very happy, because I can play a beautiful sound (with all the less good aspects) and make my music. Of course my wrist starts to "tell" me to stop after a few time 😅 because I try not to twist it since I have baby hands 😅 but sometimes it's involuntary. I use a cover to close the G key hole and I can put the tip of my finger on the tip of the key. I also feel, after a few time studying, I'm forcing my embrouchure to obtain the sound I want...

◾This flute is old, but fortunately I still have it. Rather having this than nothing and forcing me to stop during some days. 'Cause If I can sound good in that flute, I can sound good in any flute. I really think that the tube needed to be opened. After a few days, I can confirm that 😊 I also can see my evolution since I left this flute behind to upgrade another flute and keep working on 💪

◾If Miguel Oliveira can do something very special with a very poor motocycle, I can do whatever I want with this flute 🤍 What counts isn't the instrument, but the player.

Namaste 🤍




Comentários